Till now we were having OpenDNS service which is free to use DNS service. Now Google is in same market, yesterday they released their free to use DNS named Public DNS.
The DNS protocol is an important part of the web’s infrastructure, serving as the Internet’s phone book: every time you visit a website, your computer performs a DNS lookup. Complex pages often require multiple DNS lookups before they start loading. So as you press enter after entering a website name, your computer performs DNS lookup using DNS server specified by your ISP or you.
Google claiming it will solve more faster, so you will get connected with website server much faster.
Google DNS : 188.8.131.52
Alternative DNS: 184.108.40.206
Advantage over OpenDNS is OpenDNS redirect to their own customized search page when you search from certain browsers which Google Public DNS doesn’t.
Guide to change DNS :
Vista/Windows 7/Windows XP :
1. Go to below path:
Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections
2. In network connection choose your wireless or ethernet card icon and select properties clicking right click.
3. Select Internet Protocol version 4 (TCP/IPv4), Click properties again. (You may be asked for admin permissions)
4. Under “Use the following DNS server addresses” enter below values.
Preferred DNS server: 220.127.116.11
Alternate DNS server: 18.104.22.168
5. Accept changes and come out of control panel. Restart internet connection/ computer.
BSNL EVDO DNS Settings:
1. Go to ZTE wireless terminal application.
2. Click on settings Icon.
3. Check “use DNS” checkbox.
4. Enter DNS values below.
DNS : 22.214.171.124
Alternate DNS : 126.96.36.199
5. Click Apply.
Speed up your browsing and comment if there is any difference.