Web 2.0 is social web. Users want to remain connected with website team socially. This increases interactions, visits and strength. Some important social sites which are important to build good social user cloud.
|photo by smemon87|
One observation is that if you have social usernames exact matching to website name, the percentage of interaction increases. You should ensure that social usernames at sites mentioned below are available before finalizing new brand name/domain name.
1. Twitter: 140 characters micro-blogging network which created many company-client relations. Fastest way to reach to a support team, just “@” them. Dell made millions from it. Why not to get an @ for your website ?
2. Facebook: Interacting with your site fan followers the way you want using Facebook page and FBML, isn’t it cool ? Most of brands have own Facebook page. Releasing a new product video and getting it spread among 500 million people at no cost, simply priceless.
|photo by M. Keefe|
3. Scribd: Scribd is a popular document sharing community. You might need to publish documents related to website in future, publishing it socially instead of simple FTP file upload is much better.
4. SlideShare: More comfortable in presenting ideas with slideshows ? World famous presentation sharing social community, founded by an Indian, is for you. Create presentations related to website topics, share on slideshare. Grow your followers network.
5. Flickr: A picture is worth a lot than words. Create albums on Flickr, share on Facebook, twitter etc. When people see folks working behind a business they get more connected. (-:
6. YouTube: And if a picture is worth a lot than words then how about a video having 30 pictures/second ? Video gives more feeling about company/product/persons behind an organization. Create your video cloud on YouTube. Let people go through them one by one surfing your channel. Rank higher on Google. Get more hits. What else were you needed actually ?