Recently, Facebook introduced subscriber feature which allows a user to get updates from a profile without adding as a friend. A social marketer will always look forward to get more subscribers and here is how he can do it.
The introduction of the Subscriptions Facebook profile, along with its pages, is anticipated to become a great marketing tool. A social marketer or (web) celebrity will appreciate the feature more as it helps to stay connected with fans. The following points will prove useful to get more subscribers:
1. Complete profile info: Keeping good bio will let your visitors know about you. Write an impressive Facebook bio. You can take help of my twitter bio article for writing a good Facebook bio. Also, add your location, languages you know, work information. Completing all the information will provide the visitors a clear picture of who you really are. Also, it will establish a stronger connection with visitor at the very first visit.
2. Enrich your public updates: If you have nothing posted in the ‘Public’ types updates, a visitor will not have any idea about the quality of the updates that you post. Let some good updates be visible to everyone. This will encourage the visitors to be your subscriber.
3. Spread Facebook vanity URL: Share your Facebook username/ vanity URL at get together, seminars, email signature etc. Put your Facebook badge on your website, blog etc.
4. Help people on related pages: Facebook pages are open to ‘Public’ now. i.e. anyone can comment without liking the page. Interact with people, help them on your interest/profession related pages. This will attract more visitors and more subscriptions eventually.
5. Increase visibility: New Facebook ticker expands your reach to friends of friends without any extra efforts. Keep your Facebook profile radio active. Your friends will comment on your activity and their friends will notice. Your profile will get hits.