You have been introduced to a new social networking war. They are attracting you by adding a new feature every week. You are the customer and will be always benefited; however this requires a thousand coders to code for you day and night. Here goes 5 future-features of social networks.
|photo by cambodia4kidsorg|
I don’t know which social network will implement it very first. Social networks are not just for connections but ultimately they are becoming your friends manager.
1. VoIP: Voice Over Internet Protocol. Recently Facebook added Skype video chat. It is possible that telephony will come to social networks. Visit a friends profile, press call and you will be connected to his/her phone (Though you will need to pay for it)
2. Social Navigation: Maps will be added. Visit your friend’s profile, click “I’m visiting” besides his home address. It will calculate your travel time and navigate you to the friend’s home. (and probably will send an alert to the host)
3. Advanced Hangout: While Group chatting you decide to hangout to a place. The social network will trace location of all individuals and inform you in what time, you all ,can reach the place. You be with the decision or change the place. When you finalize the place, automatically update it in your stream.
4. Family Tree: Having a problem in understanding how Mr. X relates you, when suddenly he buzzes you ? How his mother is your mother’s uncle’s nephew ? Long distance relations are always confusing. A family tree which will help you in organizing your family and friends. (A much better concept and representation than circles in my opinion)
5. My Picto Story: Very simple and old concept though not implemented in social networks. We upload photo albums. Built-in application should be there to create a movie from it. Sharing will become more fun.