I purchased my HP printer before 2 years, got one time replacement before a year. But today I encountered a problem with my replaced printer. Now 1 year company warranty is over but I have Croma’s extended warranty of additional two years, which adds up to 3 years warranty.
Now, when I went to redington India, HP service center told me the printer is not in warranty and asked me if I was having an extended warranty certificate with HP logo, which croma never gave me.
Finally I went to Croma and talked to helpdesk assistant. He said as it’s Croma’s warranty it will be repaired by Croma only and they are open on mon-fri. So wait till Monday now! Printer is still faulty after wasting 3-4 hours but taught me a lot things which I would like to share here.
1. Always ask for the original bill with purchase.
2. If product is having extended warranty get clarification with which company is the warranty and also ask for service centre number.
3. Get an extended warranty certificate with the manufacturer company’s logo on it or logo of the dealer from where you are purchasing the product. e.g. Croma
4. Be specific and ask what is covered under manufacturer warranty and what is covered under extended warranty ( if applicable )
5. Make sure you register the product by getting an authorised signature and the dealer’s stamp on the warranty card. Usually the card is inside the box with the manual, so we bring the product at home, the card remains blank but some brands require the warranty card to be filled (registered) at the time of issuing.
6. Ask about the replacement policy for manufacturing defects.
7. Test the product before taking it to home if possible.
8. Always look for Quality Check OK, “QC OK” sticker.
9. If warranty is lifetime understand what is life.
10. Make a copy of the bill because usually the carbon ink on the bill disappears after 6 -7 months or else you will have nothing left in your hands.