Most of famous websites on internet are having non-Indian company or web master in the backend. The reason behind unsuccessful attempt of launching successful websites by Indian websites fails due to some of the below listed reasons in my opinion.
1. Connections with big webmasters: Indian webmasters fails to get connected with big websites that are being handled from outside India.
2. Connecting with big companies: Though foreign companies have came to India, most of web companies are in abroad. So Indian webmaster finds difficulty in getting sponsorship.
3. Less Adsense Payments: In Adwords bid will be less and will be in Rs. so an Indian webmaster get paid less. Also, there is low bidding on Indian web traffic.
4. Lack of knowledge: As number of internet users are less in India, less seminars and workshops are held in India about webmasters etc.
5. Low Internet users: Not everyone uses internet in India, so even though a webmaster markets his website in India, he will get comparatively less users.
6. Rs to Dollar difference: Even a webmaster can market his website in foreign market but due to economy difference he will have to invest a lot money in local currency. Which might not return what he invested. Also all web expenses are in USD, a foreign webmaster can afford it comparatively more.
These are my observations, what are your views ?